November 25, 2020 Dinuba Water Update: Jerry Cans
For delivery in Late December or early January.
Thanks to all our Dinuba faithful. We’ve been working on the new Dinuba Jerry Can for three years and it is finally ready.
You are probably thinking, “What took so long.” In summary, we wanted to make major changes to the Jerry Can and the process had a lot of trial and error, but we made it through the process. Why the changes? We sent one of our previous cans to NSF (National Sanitation foundation) for an evaluation. They had a number of recommendations, mostly around the welds, seams, corners and problems with cleaning. We also had some problems with the TIG welds in the previous can. So, our mission was to fix everything they found and make sure Dinuba products are the best you can buy.
Here are the changes we made:
- Upgrade to 316 medical grade stainless steel
- Upgrade to 1 mil thick stainless steel (25% thicker than anything else we have seen)
- Additional contour where top is welded to body for additional strength
- All seams are butt welds for a smooth union
- All welds are by laser
- No folded seams
- No lapped welds or seams
- All corners are rounded for easy cleaning, inside and out
- Larger top opening for easier cleaning internally
- Low profile cap
- Spigot receptacle in the lower front of the can body
- A screw in plug for the receptacle to seal it when the spigot is not needed
- Stainless steel screw air vent
- Sealed end on the top handles to prevent dirt accumulation and keep bugs out
We are very proud of our new jerry can and believe it far exceeds the competition.